There is still time to reserve your seat for the November webinar. Click here to register.
The webinar is Wednesday November 12, 2104 at 1:00pm EDT
Andrew Thompson (OpenTreeMap), Erica Smith Fichman (TreePhilly), and Lee Mueller (Friends of Grand Rapids Parks) will talk about three outreach events our organizations have done in urban forestry, and discuss tips and tricks your urban forestry group can use with your events and marketing to expand to new audiences. During this webinar, you will learn about:
- A general framework for organizing events and campaigns geared toward exciting audiences and communities with little experience with urban forestry
- Pointers, tips, caveats, and potential downfalls to keep in mind to organize a successful event
- “Lessons learned” from three specific case studies organized by a government, nonprofit, and commercial company
You can try what TreePhilly and Yards Brewing Company did a few months ago as they celebrated the First Annual Philadelphia Arbrew Day, an evening of beer, trees, tees, and freebies to get their community members involved planting trees.
Read these related posts:
- Community Engagement in Action: A conversation with Greening of Detroit
- Join us November 11 to discover OpenTreeMap’s new Green Infastructure module
- Five Best Practices for Bringing Together Stakeholders in Urban Forestry
- Why Are Trees Important?
- Join us on April 16 for “Growing Urban Forests Using the Free OTM Bulk Uploader”