On Thursday, April 16, we hosted “Growing Your Urban Forest – Using the OpenTreeMap Bulk Uploader,” a webinar on using the bulk uploader tools to import existing tree inventories and customize the species list on your tree map.
Every OpenTreeMap subscription includes access to the tree inventory and species import functionality at no additional charge. By uploading existing tree inventories and a custom species list, your tree map can become the place for users to update previous tree records, view inventories from a variety of organizations, search for trees using a species list that aligns more specifically with the trees in your region, and more.
As part of the webinar, we explored how:
- Map owners can upload existing tree inventories and species lists
- Uploads can be customized to meet the needs of your organization
- Importing inventories can assist with collaboration between groups and encourage additional data collection
A recording of the webinar is available below and on YouTube. We’ve also made the slides available on Slideshare. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us for a future webinar!
Read these related posts:
- Launching a successful open data and citizen science initiative
- Demystifying the process of building urban forestry software
- Defining the Open in OpenTreeMap: What Does it Mean for OpenTreeMap to be Open Source?
- CITY OF TREES Film Tells the Story of Greening Efforts in DC
- How One Contractor is Helping to Ensure Durham, North Carolina Stays Leafy